Read about the admission requirements for the Marketing Management programme at UCN
Find your specific general admission requirements in list of foreign qualifications for entry to higher education in Denmark listed by country of graduation.
You must meet one of the following admission requirements:
Facts about the programmeStart of term: September.
Entry grade point average: 7,0 in 2018.
Study places: 40 places in 2019.
Allocation of study places: 50 % in quota 1 and 50 % in quota 2.
General upper secondary education with specific requirements:
- English corresponding to Danish B-level (210 hours)
- Either math corresponding to Danish B-level (250 hours) or business economics corresponding to Danish B-level (225 hours).
Please note: The above hours relate to the final three years of your upper secondary education. (1 hour = 60 minutes).
Vocational education corresponding to the level of 3-years of Danish vocational education with specific requirements: Mathematics corresponding to Danish B-level or business economics corresponding to Danish B-level.
To meet the entry requirements for UCN’s study programmes, you must hold a Diploma of the International Baccalaureate (i.e. you must have passed all your IB courses), and you must meet the specific entry requirements indicated below.
You must have minimum a total score of 24 IB points in order to apply for one of our English-taught programmes.
IB ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- English B level, standard level (SL)
- Either Mathematics, standard level (SL) previsoulsy termed Mathematical methods SL or Economics, standard level (SL) or Business and management, standard level (SL)
At UCN you are expected to participate actively in class discussions along with group works and projects. You must also be able to write academic papers and take written and oral exams. Therefore, you must have a high level of English proficiency.
This means that you are expected to have English language qualifications comparable to the English B level from the Danish upper secondary school (gymnasium).
All applicants holding a foreign entrance examination and will apply for English taught programmes must document their English language qualifications with one of the below mentioned English tests.
- Overall score of minimum 6.5
- A minimum score of 83
- UCN’s TOEFL code is 7294
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): grade C, B or A
- Certificate of Proficiency (CPE): grade C, B or A
- First Certificate: A
- A minimum score of 58
- Overall score of minimum 75 and also a minimum score of 75 in each subtest
- Please note that this test is only valid if taken via a UCN partner organisation
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to document this level from a CEFR-validated English language course
Deadline For September intakeYou must upload your test result by 15 March at 12 (noon) GMT+1 at the latest.
You must upload your test result by 15 December at 12 (noon) GMT+1 at the latest. (Please note that if you are a non-EU citizen, then the application deadline is 1 November at 12 (noon) GMT+1.)
Deadline For February intake
Applicants who are exempted from submitting an English test
- Applicants holding a Nordic/Duborg/International Baccalaureate (from the IB diploma programme/European Baccalaureate)
- ”Native speakers” with an English taught qualifying exam (including applicants with a qualifying examination from
- New Zealand
- Great Britain
Please note that applicants with a qualifying examination from all other countries (including African and Asian countries, where the exam has been taught in English) must submit a test.
- Work experience relevant to your choice of studies
- Other work experience
- Studies or work in a country other than your home country
- Involvement in extra curricular activities or (unpaid) work in any type of organisation or association
- Additional proficiency (e.g. parts of higher education level courses, summer school or other upper secondary level courses)
- Your motivation letter
- English language qualification