Admission requirements and procedure for the International Hospitality Management programme at UCN
Start of term
The programme starts once a year in September.
Start of term September 2018: UCN offers 30 study places on the International Hospitality Management programme.
English language requirements
At UCN you are expected to participate actively in class discussions along with group works and projects. You must also be able to write academic papers and take written and oral exams. Therefore, you must have a high level of English proficiency.
This means that you are expected to have English language qualifications comparable to the English B level from the Danish upper secondary school (gymnasium).
All applicants holding a foreign entrance examination and will apply for English taught programmes must document their English language qualifications with one of the below mentioned English tests.
- Overall score of minimum 6.5
- A minimum score of 83
- UCN’s TOEFL code is 7294
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): grade C, B or A
- Certificate of Proficiency (CPE): grade C, B or A
- First Certificate: grade B or A
- A minimum score of 58
- Overall score of minimum 75 and also a minimum score of 75 in each subtest
- Please note that this test is only valid if taken via a UCN partner organisation
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to document this level from a CEFR-validated English language course
Deadline For September intakeYou must upload your test result by 15 March at 12 (noon) GMT+1 at the latest.
You must upload your test result by 15 December at 12 (noon) GMT+1 at the latest. (Please note that if you are a non-EU citizen, then the application deadline is 1 November at 12 (noon) GMT+1.)
Deadline For February intake
Applicants who are exempted from submitting an English test
- Applicants holding a Nordic/Duborg/International Baccalaureate (from the IB diploma programme/European Baccalaureate)
- ”Native speakers” with an English taught qualifying exam (including applicants with a qualifying examination from
- New Zealand
- Great Britain
Please note that applicants with a qualifying examination from all other countries (including African and Asian countries, where the exam has been taught in English) must submit a test.
The following AP Degrees will give you direct entrance
- Service, Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Marketing Management
Students with other educational background
- Students with a passed academy degree (e.g. Financial Management) or another relevant degree with 120 ECTS-points can apply for admission provided they have made an individual prior learning assessment - PLAR (known as ‘IKV’ in Danish) resulting in a positive result
- An individual prior learning assessment gives you an individual assessment of your collected knowledge, skills and competencies. The assessment will be used in relation to the admission requirements on the study programme that you want to apply to. You can read more about individual prior learning assessment on the admission pages
Note, that the deadline for having an PLAR made is no later than 15 June.
If you get a positive PLAR you should use that as well as your other documents when you apply through the online application.
- Grades achieved in economics and the student's final degree project
- Letter of motivation explaining the student's reasons for applying
- Work experience relevant to the study programme
- Period(s) spent abroad relevant to the study programme (job, internship or studies abroad)