Admission Procedure for non-EU/non-EEA citizens
On this page citizens from non-EU countries as well as non-EEA countries will learn how to apply for a programme at UCN
Applications for September
You can apply for admission from 1 February.
1) Apply via optagelse.dk/admission
It is mandatory for all applicants to apply through the system known as the KOT system at optagelse.dk/admission. Here applicants will find a complete guide to the application portal.
Click here for how to apply at optagelse.dk. Optagelse.dk is the national application system in Denmark.
2) Upload your signature page before March 15
Applicants must print the signatue page, sign it by hand and upload it on www.ucn.dk/signaturepage. It is very important that you do so as UCN cannot retrieve your application before we have received your signed signature page or pages. If we cannot retrieve your application(s), we will not be able to evaluate it and therefore, your application will be rejected.
If you apply for more than one programme at UCN, please note that you must send a signature page for each programme that you apply for.
- A copy of your passport or ID card
- Final Diploma and transcript of records, i.e. your grades from the last 3 years of upper secondary education. If you do not have the Final Diploma yet, please attach the grades from the last 3 years. All translated into English by an authorized translator
- Verification form (PDF) - Applicants must verify subjects and hours of instruction for the final 3 years of upper secondary education
- English test
- Motivation letter – stating why you want to go to Denmark, why you chose Aalborg/UCN and why you chose the specific programme you are applying for
- Power of attorney – This document has to be filled in if you apply through one of the international agents with whom UCN collaborate with. This is due to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
- Contracts or/and recommendations of work experience, competitions, sport activities etc. All translated into English
- Recommendations from your teachers (translated into English)
Please upload the documents to www.optagelse.dk with your application.
Please note that you must possess originals of all uploaded documents and that you must be able to present these originals to the International office at UCN on the first day of your studies.
- IB Diploma and IB Diploma Programme (DP) Results, IB Diploma Programme (DP) Course Results or IB Certificate. If you earn your IB Diploma this year; please attach your predicted grade/ transcript of grades.
Important if you earn your IB-Diploma this year
You must inform your IB-coordinator to register you at IBNETs “result service” if you earn your IB diploma in the year of application. This is to ensure that UCN has access to your IB-diploma online.
If you are completing a retake in the year of application, you will also need to inform your IB-coordinator to register you at IBNETs “result service”. Furthermore, you must upload your original diploma programme course results to your application on www.optagelse.dk and inform us in your application that you will be completing a retake.
- Motivation letter – stating why you want to go to Denmark, why you chose Aalborg/UCN and why you chose the specific programme you are applying for.
- A copy of your passport or ID card
Please upload the documents to www.optagelse.dk/admission with your application.
Deadline for applicants with an international educational background: 15 March at 12 (noon) CET.
Please note that you have to upload all the required documents on 15 March at 12 (noon) CET.
After you get admitted to a programme and pay the tuition fees for the first semester, UCN will begin the student visa procedures.
Please note that the processing time at the Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration is 2 months.
Read more about student permits.
All non-EU applicants who need a student residence permit in order to study in Denmark will receive admission response by 9 July.
The tuition for the 2-year full-time AP Degree programme in Automation Engineering.
When paying your tuition you need to know the bank details for UCN. Learn how to pay tuition.
REFUND POLICY in relation to 1st semester
If the student does not obtain a study residence permit (student visa), the tuition fee will be refunded in full.
If the student informs UCN in writing that he/she wants to cancel his/her admission before 1 September (September intake) and 1 February (February intake), the tuition fee will be refunded, however, an administrative fee of 300 EUR applies, meaning that 300 EUR will be deducted from the tuition fee upon refund.
If the student wishes to withdraw from the programme or if UCN terminates the student’s studies in the period from the beginning of the 1st semester and 30 days onwards, only 80% of the tuition fee will be refunded.
If the student wishes to withdraw from the programme or if UCN terminates the student’s studies later than 30 days after the 1st semester start, the student will not be eligible for a refund.
REFUND POLICY from 2nd semester onwards
If the student wishes to withdraw from the programme or if UCN terminates the student’s studies in the period from the beginning of the particular semester and 30 days onwards, only 80% of the tuition fee will be refunded.
If the student wishes to withdraw from the programme or if UCN terminates the student’s studies later than 30 days after the particular semester start, the student will not be eligible for a refund.
INFORMATION ABOUT A PERIOD ON SICK LEAVE
Students must pay only once for a particular semester, even if the duration of the semester is extended due to sickness. Additionally, students are advised to check the student residence permit rules in relation to periods on sick leave with the Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration https://www.nyidanmark.dk/.
Paying tuition fees at UCN grants students the opportunity to study on a programme, however obtaining the final degree certificate is subject to passing all relevant subjects and exams. As a general rule students have 3 exam attempts per exam.