Admission Procedure EU/EEA citizens
On this page citizens from EU countries as well as EEA countries (EEA = Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland) will learn how to apply for a programme at UCN
Applications for September
You can apply for admission from 1 February.
1) Apply via optagelse.dk/admission
It is mandatory for all applicants to apply through the system known as the KOT system at optagelse.dk/admission. Here applicants will find a complete guide to the application portal.
Click here for how to apply at optagelse.dk. Optagelse.dk is the national application system in Denmark.
2) Upload your signature page before March 15
Applicants must print the signatue page, sign it by hand and upload it on www.ucn.dk/signaturepage. It is very important that you do so as UCN cannot retrieve your application before we have received your signed signature page or pages. If we cannot retrieve your application(s), we will not be able to evaluate it and therefore, your application will be rejected.
If you apply for more than one programme at UCN, please note that you must send one signature page for each programme that you apply for.
- A copy of your passport or ID card
- Final Diploma and transcript of records, i.e. your grades from the last 3 years of upper secondary education. If you do not have the Final Diploma yet, please attach the grades from the last 3 years. All translated into English by an authorized translator
- Verification form (PDF) - Applicants must verify subjects and hours of instruction for the final 3 years of upper secondary education
- English test
- Motivation letter – stating why you want to go to Denmark, why you chose Aalborg/UCN and why you chose the specific programme you are applying for
- Power of attorney – This document has to be filled in if you apply through one of the international agents with whom UCN collaborate with. This is due to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
- Contracts or/and recommendations of work experience, competitions, sport activities etc. All translated into English
- Recommendations from your teachers (translated into English)
Please upload the documents to www.optagelse.dk with your application.
- Deadline for applicants with an international educational background: 15 March at 12:00 (noon) CET+1
- Please note that you have to upload all the required documents on 15 March at 12:00 (noon) CET+1
- Deadline for applicants with a Danish educational background: 5 July at 12:00 noon CET+1
Admission Area Number (KOT)